I completed a new short film yesterday, had everything edited, the soundtrack perfectly synched and then…things went south on us.
The soundtrack, which I thought was flawless, still contained a hidden track of the original audio. I removed this annoying track umpteen times and thought I’d finally nailed it, with a big assist from Sherron. But last night, when we watched “Storm” on YouTube, that hidden track loudly announced itself yet again and we had to yank the flick from YouTube and both my blogs.
Bloody hell. iMovie is a strange, tricky program; sometimes it works like a dream and then there are the occasions when it behaves so irrationally, it’s like it has a mind of its own. I fear this could be one of the last efforts made with iMovie around here. Think it’s about time we switched to Final Cut—hopefully less annoyances, more satisfaction.
Regardless…we’ll give “Storm” a good going over today, see what we can do. I’m turning the whole thing over to my son, Sam, film-maker extraordinaire. If Sam can’t solve this, it’s time to call Stephen Hawking.
Sorry for the SNAFU and we should have the film re-posted later.
Finished my editing the other night, then decided to try out my new Snowball microphone. Fired up Garageband and recorded some vocal tests…and then found myself concocting another one of my strange tunes. Delighted with the end result, which I’ve decided to share with you. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes long, so no big investment of time and energy. Already pondering ways to build a short film around this bizarre, unsettling collage of sounds—ah, the wonders of all this new technology (Garageband, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.).
Here’s the piece in question, which I’ve titled (I think for obvious reasons) “Channeling Dante”.
Have a listen: